1. Matt Kelly looks at the enforcement action from the CCO certification perspective. He has his first recidivist rant by ending See more +
1. Matt Kelly looks at the enforcement action from the CCO certification perspective. He has his first recidivist rant by ending the year with a rant about the person he started the year ranting about, Elon Musk. This time it was for the Thursday Night Massacre.
2. Karen Woody looks at the case from the perspective of internal control failures and overrides. She shouts out to Stephen Twitchboss for his music and influence on popular culture.
3. Tom Fox discusses how the DOJ threaded a tight needle by rewarding ABB for its attempt to self-disclose, extraordinary cooperation, and remediation by not requiring a monitor and giving a discount even though ABB is the first-time three-peat offender under the FCPA. He shouts out to Christine McVie, singer and songwriter for Fleetwood Mac, who recently passed away.
4. Jonathan Armstrong considers the ABB enforcement action from the UK perspective and opines how a UK judge might consider the company’s recidivism differently than the DOJ did. He rants about ongoing tech scams.
5. Jay Rosen reviews the enforcement action from the perspective of how the bribes were funded. He shouts out to Mike Gabler, winner of Season 43 of Survivor, who donated his $1MM winnings to help veterans.
Tune in to the Everything Compliance podcast to learn more about Episode 108 – The ABB Edition in Compliance Podcast Network. #EC #TheABBEdition #CPN #Podcast See less –