1. DOJ corporate enforcement through See more +
1. DOJ corporate enforcement through DPAs and NPAs based upon Hafer’s tenure as the Criminal Chief. Discussed the need to balance approving prosecutions for general impact vs. based on the case’s merits.
2. How does the Monaco Memo change the DOJ focus?
3. Garland leads a discussion of compliance issues within a prosecutor’s office, why your compliance philosophy is so critical, and some of the biggest issues and situations they both confronted while in the US Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts.
4. Discussion of receiving compliance advice: what worked and what did not.
5. Discuss transitioning from DOJ to private practice, and Zach and Scott summarize some of the key questions they are getting from clients.
6. Garland opines on key issues he sees for monitors after Monaco Memo and concludes with why proactive monitoring can be such a powerful tool.
Tune in to the FCPA Compliance Report podcast and learn more about Scott Garland and Zach Hafer – Practice After the DOJ in Compliance Podcast Network. See less –